Announcement for Academic Year 2017-18
Application submission received from March 1 through May 31, 2016.
Scholarships are available for qualified employees working in the public and private sectors. Graduate programs in U.S. universities are offered in the following development areas:
- EDUCATION ➤ Higher Education & Research
- HEALTH ➤ Health Sciences & Research
- ENVIRONMENT ➤ Environment Fields & Research
Check out the red boxes on the homepage for information on the scholarships offered by USAID PRESTASI in the targeted fields of development. Related fields of study from other development fields may also be considered.
Funding of a PRESTASI Scholarship is covered in part by USAID, and in part by the applicant’s employer.
The expenses listed below are costs that are covered by the USAID PRESTASI:
- Pre-Academic Training in Jakarta
- Test: GRE (one free)
- Test: TOEFL-iBT (two free)
- Four free university placement applications
- Full two-year university tuition and fees
- Monthly living allowance in the U.S.
- Support for academic equipment and activities
The expenses listed below are costs that are covered by the employer of the applicant:
- Test: GRE
- Test: TOEFL-iBT
- Medical: exam fees and immunization
- Domestic travel: Two-way ticket from home province to Jakarta (if needed)
- University placement application fee: any placement after the fourth application
- Travel from Indonesia to the U.S. : out-bound airfare, transit allowance, airport tax
- Travel from U.S. to Indonesia: in-bound airfare, transit allowance.
USAID PRESTASI Scholarship Program timeline (estimate):
- 1 Mar 2016 → PRESTASI open application announcement
- 31 May 2016 → PRESTASI closing application deadline
- Jun 2016 → Administration selection shortlist announcement
- Jul 2016 → Interview selection in Jakarta
- Aug 2016 → Interview selection announcement by email
- Sep 2016 → Pre-Academic Training begins in Jakarta
- Mar 2017 → Pre-Academic Training finishes
- Aug 2017 → Departure to the U.S. to begin graduate program
more info here